Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Gooey Chocolately Goodness


The other day, we had a couple of my oldest boy's friends over for his birthday and he had requested brownies and ice cream for dessert. Oh the yummy goodness of brownies and ice cream with homemade hot fudge!

I had already told myself that I wasn't going to have any because I did the night before when my inlaws were over so it wasn't a big deal when we ran out of brownies. However, the there was plenty of ice cream and plenty of hot fudge and I REALLY wanted some so I had a bright idea: I'd look online for a brownie in a mug recipe. I've never made a cake/brownie/cookie/whathaveyou in a mug before but I was going to give it a shot! I found what looked like an easy, basic recipe from Simply Recipes and while it was truly simple, I simplified it a bit and here's what I did:

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil

Place flour, sugar and cocoa in a mug and stir to break up clumps. Add water and oil and mix until smooth. Microwave for 1 minute, 30 seconds. VOILA! Brownie in a mug perfection.

Top that with some ice cream and homemade hot fudge and you have gooey chocolatey goodness!



Here is my homemade hot fudge recipe:

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
2 T flour
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix sugar, cocoa, and flour in a sauce pan, making sure to break up clumps. Add milk, butter, and vanilla. Stir over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.

Obviously, hot fudge can go on many things- my 9 year old actually added some to milk the next day to make chocolate milk. But whatever you use it for, it's sure to please!

Enjoy!!!

Now, time for my afternoon workout. I think I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment