Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Three Days Down


How's everyone doing with deep cleaning and decluttering this month? Doing good here. Three days in and three areas cleaned and decluttered. Except for this drawer, which is first on my to do list for tomorrow:


 
 
This is another drawer that I'm particularly pleased with the results. The simple addition of 4oz plastic cups to hold clips, etc. in made a huge difference. I wish I would have taken a before picture!
 
 
 


It feels good to have some things done that haven't been done in a long time, like the blinds cleaned and the toekick around the kitchen wiped down. Who knew that got so dirty?! I mean, it's down under the cabinets where no one can see. HOW does it get so dirty?! Here is a pic of the clean blinds (left) vs. the dusty blinds (right). The pic doesn't do it justice.


 
 
And ta-da! A sparkling clean kitchen :)
 
 



My pile of stuff to sell/ donate is growing, too. I haven't started to put any listings up, though. I should probably work on that before the pile gets so big it becomes something I don't even want to deal with. I was thinking about it today, actually, and this may have been a better job for May then I could have a garage sale in June...

As far as working out goes, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. And so far, I've been able to maintain my weight but there's still a lot of February left to see how that goes!

I hope those who have decided to join me on this journey are doing well and enjoying the fruits of your labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment