Monday, January 13, 2014

Why January is NOT a Good Month to Start


January is the month of new beginnings, New Year's Resolutions, making goals, fresh starts. I've decided, however, that February is a better month for that.

Why? You may wonder.

Think about it- Christmas is at the end of December. Our first party was the 20th and our last, the 28th. Shortly after that was New Year's which, while it was a intimate party of four, involved planning, set up, clean up (oh the confetti! Yeah, we threw confetti all over the living room. Cuz I'm cool like that )

Then, another four days of Christmas break and two snow days for the kids and today is January 13th and I am just now feeling like I am getting back in the swing of things.

No way was I in any shape or form to be able to take on a challenge, make resolutions or goals or try to attempt a feat of any such sort over the last two weeks.

But now, half way through January, I can start thinking about my challenge. And that's going to take preparation and organization.

So, February. February is the month in which I will purge five items a DAY from our home. I am so excited about this!!! It's amazing to me how much STUFF we accumulate and doing the no spend November has helped me to really hone in on my spending. Between purging and spending less, we should be among the minimalists in no time.

I also know there are others out there who need to purge and organize. And a challenge is always more fun when done with others so I'm going to ask: WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME IN PURGING 140 THINGS FROM YOUR HOME?!

Come on, you know you want to! Comment on my blog or on my facebook page and let me know you're in and watch for a blog post soon about the guidelines I'm using for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment