Monday, January 20, 2014

Why I'm Not Working Out In February


Sometime last year, in the midst of having a newborn baby and long Saturdays spent at Highland Games competitions,



I began to wonder about my activities and working out and if it was all Biblical or not as far as femininity and the calling of a wife and mother. That would be a whole different blog post but it does lead in to part of my February challenge.

In February, I will be cleaning and purging. I am going to go room to room and do a deep clean and also purge (hopefully) a lot of the "stuff" we have here.

In thinking about the challenge and what it will entail, I started to think about the Proverbs 31 woman and all of the things that she did in a day. Then I realized that I don't recall her ever taking time to exercise or to nap.

It does say in verse 17 that "she girdeth her loins with strength, and stregtheneth her arms" but if you look at the previous verse, it tells us that "she considereth a field and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands, she planteth a vineyard."

My interpretation of this is that yes, she was strong but... she achieved that by working.

To test my "theory," during the month of February, while I'm working hard at cleaning and decluttering, I will NOT be working out.

I think I might die.

But lets hope not ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment