Wednesday, December 25, 2013

In the Quiet of this Christmas Morning


This Christmas morning as I sit, computer on my lap, coffee at my side, baby playing quietly at my feet, I reflect. On the year gone by, on years past, on previous Christmases, and on that very first Christmas. The one when God sent his SON to be born as a human so that he could DIE for us.

His son who was with Him in Heaven. In the perfect place with no hurting or sorrow. Sent him to take on flesh, to become one of us. Knowing. Knowing that Jesus would grow up and be persecuted and die. That other humans, mothers and fathers with kids of their own, would kill him.

God sent His son to die for us. So that all of mankind could be saved.

What an amazing gift. One I'm not sure I could give, quite honestly. So, to take that for granted, to ignore it, to not share it with others. That would be almost as bad as not accepting it in the first place.

On that first Christmas day, our savior was born. Born into this world so that he could ultimately pay the sacrifice for our sins so that we don't have to. We are all sinners, born into an imperfect world, but we don't have to die sinners.

Romans 10:9 says that if we believe in our hearts and confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord, we will be saved. It's that easy. God sent his Son to die as punishment for our sins. Accepting that gift is as easy as believing and confessing. If you haven't already, won't you today?

Send me a message or comment below if you'd like to talk more about this. I don't have all the answers but I'd love to look with you and find them together!

Have a blessed Christmas and do be sure to enjoy your Gift!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment