Monday, December 9, 2013

In His Time


I've been reading "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope with a fantastic group of women. Such a great read, very encouraging, and I'm learning so much! I hope the others are getting as much out of it as I am!

Hebrews 10:35 says: "so do not throw away your confidence..." This tells us that God has already given us confidence, it is in us somewhere, we just have to dig through the crud of our past and our insecurities and find it and trust in God along the way. Chapter 8 is titled "When Doubt Whispers 'I Don't Have Anything Special to Offer'" and it deals with spiritual gifts and finding one's purpose. In my own thoughts and in our discussion and in discussions I've had with others in the past, I have noticed a main theme: no one seems to know what their purpose is. This is incredibly frustrating to me personally. I'm a very goal oriented person, I like to have something that I am working toward.

I was expressing this frustration to Dan the other night, paraphrasing Proverbs 29:18- "without a vision, the people perish." Right after I said that, God whispered to me and he told me that right now, in this moment, my purpose was to be a wife and mom and to take care of our family and our home. As I thought about this more later, I realized that as I trust in Him and live this out, that he will reveal the next part of my purpose to me when the time is right. And now, here I sit in awe of the God who is my Father and who loves me so much that he has GOOD plans for me because do you know what? I just went and looked that verse up in other versions and the message version says THIS: "If people cannot see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed."

WOW.

What if right now, in this moment, we took time to enjoy where we are at, quit looking for some grand purpose and just lived out the life that God has planned for us, revealed to us as we are obedient in fulfilling it.

Because not everyone in the world can be missionaries or entrepreneurs or CEOs or all these perceived BIG, IMPORTANT people.

The world needs moms and wives, too. Women who will raise their kids and support their husbands and love them and nurture them. And I love being a wife and a mother. I really wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

Aren't they just the most handsome, precious kiddos?



So why do I get frustrated? Why do I feel like there's got to be more to it than this? Well, because the world and, ultimately, Satan tells me so. That's what he'd like me to believe. He would love for me to believe this so I can try to get through it as fast and haphazardly as I can so that I can move on to "bigger and better" things.

Don't get caught listening to the lies! God has big plans for me and for you, maybe not by the world's standards, but by His and that's all that matters. And there is more, just not right now. I won't always have kids at home. Eventually, they'll be grown and leave home and THEN it will be time to move on to something else.

Wherever you are right now, is part of God's plan for your life. He has a plan and a reason for everything that happens in our lives. It might not always be pretty but it is always for a reason. Sit back and trust Him and continue to seek Him and His will for your life, and He will continue to reveal the next step when it is time- in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment