Monday, November 4, 2013

The Challenge Has Started!

Well, it's November 4th and so far, it's been going pretty good.

Dan's birthday was this weekend and we took a trip to Indiana to see my dad. We spent some money but that was accounted for in my preset guidelines. We had a fun weekend of traveling, visiting, and a little shopping- antiquing, the wine and cheese shop and this wonderful candy store that I could have bought out! The older boys thoroughly enjoyed visiting with grandpa and Emmett was such a great traveler!

Dan bought some antique woodworking tools and I got this beautiful bean pot to replace the one I lost in the big D.
Yes, we argued over a bean pot. This one is perfect and has wonderful memories attached to it!
I managed to stay off of Facebook for the most part. It got the best of me on Dan's birthday and I just HAD to log on to wish him a happy birthday :) I've spent a good part of my thoughts forming status updates, though, that I couldn't post. My brain is overrun by Facebook. Aaaargh! Definitely need to take this break!

I need to figure out how in the world to get all my stuff done. That's my focus for this week. I feel like there are never enough hours in the day and I'm always trying to get the basic things done that need done that I never have time to do anything extra, such as sewing or little fix it projects. I load and run the dishwasher but it takes forever before I can find time to unload it. Wash and dry the clothes, no problem. Fold them, eventually. Put them away, maybe...

I know I'm not the only one that struggles with this and maybe I'm being obsessive but there has GOT to be a way. I don't even work outside the home so that's an extra 9+ hours at home a day and I STILL can't get it done. I find this extremely frustrating.

And, on that note, since it is November, and the point is to be spending more time being thankful and appreciate who and what I have in my life, I'm thankful that I have this beautiful home to live in and take care of. I'm thankful for my family, immediate and extended, and for time that we get to spend together.


See you next Monday with another update. Please, comment below and let me know if you, too, struggle with getting everything done and how you organize your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment