Monday, November 18, 2013

Over Half Way!


Well this day has really gotten away from me but better late than never, huh? And I got to spend some quality time with a friend I haven't seen in a while which was super awesome. I wouldn't trade that for anything!

I am just over half way through No Spend November and I must say it's actually been rather easy. Of course I really could have gone for some yummo On The Border for lunch today (and any other day!) instead of making lunch at home... but other than my vice of eating out, it's not been difficult at all. In the beginning, I said I didn't think my spending habits were out of control and I do believe that if nothing else, this is evidence of that. If I did overspend and spend frivolously on a regular basis, I think this challenge would be much more difficult.

Another thing I am trying to accomplish this month is getting some projects done around the house. This week, I got totally fed up with washing burp rags every day, I finally pulled out my sewing machine to sew up the fabric that I had cut out.



And while I was at it, decided to shorten the bed skirt that had been crumpled on my closet floor for months.


Phew! I am NOT a seamstress! Thank goodness those projects are done and I am able to tuck the sewing machine back away, not to be thought of again for at least another three years.

Two things I am not doing so well/ at all this month are staying off of Facebook and purging 5 things a day. I did, however, trim my Facebook friends list from 239 to 105 which has helped considerably in how much time I spend on there. There is so much less STUFF to get distracted by now! I have decided to do the purging challenge separately in January. I think putting all these things together in one month was maybe biting off more than I could chew. Too much to keep track of.

Focus, Elizabeth, focus.

Time to sign off for another week. Thank you for following my blog and supporting me through No Spend November!



No comments:

Post a Comment