Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer Love


I can hardly believe summer is over and the kids are back in school! It was such a wonderful summer, it always is. I really enjoy spending time with the boys, even on the days when they're nit-picking and beating each other up. I may feel like pulling my hair out but there's always a better time right around the corner, just gotta hang in there.

I saw someone post on Facebook the other day asking what was your one favorite memory from this summer? I had such a hard time coming up with just one. We didn't do anything monumental, didn't even go out of town- well, except for a trip across the state to visit my mom and grandma. But this summer was made up of a lot of great little moments instead and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Though, for my husband's sake, because he works SO much, it would be nice to actually get some time off and go away.


My dad lives out of town and we don't get to see him near enough so going strawberry picking and making jam with him was definitely a highlight of my summer. My nephew was there, too, and the boys LOVE to spend time with my dad and nephew!

















Another great memory for me was the water balloon fight we had in our front yard. Five of the neighbor boys came over with a bunch of balloons which Dan and I filled up so the kids could burst them all in about 60 seconds, leaving our lawn spattered with rainbow colored shards of balloon! Dan even got in on the action with the water hose!













Also on the top of my list is time spent with Dan's family- pizza nights, swimming in the pool, fireworks...

And the boys and I went on this great letterboxing adventure (which I don't have any pictures of) and we also included some of the neighbor kids on a sweet scavenger hunt that I put together.

I was reflecting on some things earlier in the summer and I coined this phrase: "doing life together is about spending time, not spending money" and I think that our summer reflected this for the most part. We had a wonderful summer, many good memories were made, and most of all, we played together, laughed together, loved on each other and really didn't spend a whole lot of money.

What were your favorite memories from this past summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment