Friday, September 6, 2013

Not Without a Price


The two oldest boys were at their dad's for Labor Day which means I didn't get to see them off to school on the first day of school. I could have gone up to school but I've done that in the past and found that it's just too much crazy and they're way too excited to stop and let me snap a picture of them. So, I decided that for now on, when they are at their dad's for the first day of school, we'll celebrate the second day of school here :) It's not ideal but I'm learning to make the best of the situation. Of course getting them to smile for a pic is like torture, regardless of if it's the first or second day of school or the last (yes, really).



I thought it would be fun to hang out with some moms after all the kiddos were settled in and, since I didn't have the boys that morning, I figured I'd do the work and bless the other mommas and have a little brunch gathering. We had egg puffs, a pastry, some fruit, and yogurt parfaits along with good chats and fellowship. I had a great time and I am so glad that I was able to do this.


One of my friends mentioned that she had thought "wow, that Liz, she's got it all together" and then she remembered that I didn't have the boys that morning. Yeah, about that... My house may (usually) be clean, I have time to work out and host events and write a blog, blah blah blah... but the only kid I have at home half of the time is still immobile and doesn't talk. Half of the time, I don't have to run to football practices or help with homework or referee brotherly brawls. Or even cook dinner for that matter.

But I tell you what, I would trade the clean house and brunches with girlfriends, time to work out and other free time for cooking dinner every night, homework meltdowns, and refereeing brawls a million times over. Because nothing, I mean nothing could replace having my kids here with me ALL the time.

Since that is not going to happen, however, I will continue to make the best of the situation but please remember it is not without a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment