Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dinner in Review

Sitting here planning our menu for next week and I'm thinking about what we had to eat last week. Since I shared the menu and a couple of recipes on my blog, I thought it only fair to also share some revisions and reviews of the food.

First of all, every time I plan to make the Crock Pot No Boil Manicotti, I don't get it in the crock pot in time and end up just baking it in the oven. Really, the only difference is that I have to boil the noodles. Not a big deal, although I imagine filling hard noodles would be easier than filling floppy noodles that tend to tear. Since I wasn't doing the crock pot manicotti, I just winged the recipe. Here is what I did:

I boiled the noodles until most of the way done

Then I mixed 16 oz. ricotta with 2 c shredded mozzarella and some Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning from Tastefully Simple and put that into a Ziploc bag, cut off a corner, and piped it into the shells.

For the sauce, I pureed some tomatoes that I canned from our garden last year and mixed those with Mama Mia Marinara (also from Tastefully Simple but currently unavailable; I'm hoping they'll bring it back for fall/ winter). I poured the sauce over top and baked at 350 for about 30 minutes. Here's a pic of it getting ready to go into the oven:


 
 
It was so delicious! The Balsamic Chicken was also delicious. We had that with rice and the kids weren't crazy about it but Dan & I really liked it. I will definitely make it again but maybe when the boys are not here.
 
Hopefully you've gotten some good ideas from the last post and this one. Share in the comments what's on your menu for the next week and maybe I'll get some inspiration for my menu!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment