Thursday, July 4, 2013

Two Months!


I am not kidding when I say I didn't think I would make it through the first month. I think it nearly killed me. No joke. But here we are, my babe is two months old and by golly I made it!!!

Two Months Old!

The first month, I was tired and sore. I could hardly muster up the energy to nurse Emmett. Mother's Day was bittersweet. The worst ever and the best ever at the same time. Around five weeks, he started only waking once during the night. That made a world of difference. I started to feel like a human being again. By six weeks, he was sleeping all night. Phew! Just in time for summertime and the older kids home all day, which means no more naps for me.

We are closing in on nine weeks now and things are great! Emmett is such a good, happy baby! He is so content and laid back. He's been on field trips, to field day at the school, on multiple shopping trips, to the park, on walks, to the pool. You name it. And he just goes with the flow. Of course he sleeps through a good portion of it but when he's not sleeping, he's smiling. If he gets fussy, it's because it's time to sleep again.

Sleeping by the Pool!
It was definitely an uphill climb but as he sleeps better and is more alert and interactive, smiling and cooing when he's awake, I see the fruits of that and know that it was so worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment