Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our First Year!



This past weekend, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. In some ways, it is hard to believe it's only been a year. In others, it seems like it was just yesterday. Either way, it's been absolutely wonderful and I'm just thrilled!

First of all, divorce is HARD. Remarriage is HARD. Blending families is HARD. I am so thankful that Dan and I work so well together and have (mostly) figured out how to deal with these things. How did we do that? Communication, understanding, patience, to name a few. None of these things come easy to me BUT having been through what I've been through, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this work!

We've always dreamed together, had very open communication, and plenty of patience and understanding. We enjoy each other's company and there is nowhere we'd rather be than right by each other's side. I truly believe that as long as we continue to dream together, to talk to each other openly, to have patience and understanding, and a longing to just "be" with each other, that the next 50+ years will be at least as good as the first!

And you know what? I long for you to have this same sort of love. I pray every day that the people I care about can experience the same thing. That no one has to go through divorce to learn these very difficult lessons. Choose every day to love each other, keep dreaming together, communicating, and having patience and understanding. And while I'm no marriage counselor, I've been through plenty and I would love to chat with you if you need someone to talk to or if you need encouragement in your marriage.





No comments:

Post a Comment