Monday, May 13, 2013

Why It's All Worth It

Sleepless nights.

Endless nursing.

Fever from an infection.

Lots and lots of dirty diapers.

So tired, I can barely stand up.

That was my Mother's Day this year.

But it was also dinner with family.

A meaningful, thoughtful card from my husband.

A beautiful card made by the oldest.

A piece of artwork with a poem made by the middle.

Cuddles with my one week old baby.

THAT is why it's all worth it. No matter how tired or frustrated or sore or sick, I am blessed beyond words. As I write this, my husband is at work and the two oldest are at school and the baby is sleeping peacefully. I am overcome with emotion. Tears fill my eyes as I stop in the midst of the tired and the weary and I find joy.

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.


Last year, Connor and I were out shopping and he picked a beautiful, long flowing dress for me. It's so pretty and he asks me to wear it all the time. Not too long ago, he asked me when I'd be able to wear it again (I'm working on it, buddy!) His Mother's Day artwork was designed especially with that dress in mind. The background matches the dress, which the artwork is laying on in the picture. Ohmygosh, that just blew me away- that he purposefully used the colors from the dress for my Mother's Day gift! How special!


Aidan didn't think his card was very special but I disagree! I LOVE everything the boys make for me. Because I know their heart is in it when they do it. I can see their heart and see their love. A gentle reminder that no matter how imperfect I am as a mom, they love me through it all.







No comments:

Post a Comment