Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reusing Jars


I once heard this quote in regards to using reusable bags: "it's not much but it's something I can do." In a world where we hear so much about recycling, our carbon footprint, poor air quality, and the landfills filling up, etc. I find it difficult to not do anything. I am, however, not "green" by any means but along with the reusable bags at the grocery store, reusing glass jars is the little part that I can contribute.

Here is part of one shelf that I have full of empty jars. All different shapes & sizes. Anyone need some?
Just let me know!

Here are some of the jars I'm currently reusing. I keep them with my baking stuff and they have things  that I've emptied out of bags into them- croutons, dried cranberries, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
Besides food storage (I'm sure you've all heard of the dangers of certain plastics), there are many other great uses for jars- I gave my kids Valentine's in them this year. I made one into a snow globe as a way of giving a gift card (like this: http://onecharmingparty.com/2010/12/13/simple-gift-card-snow-globes/) They can also be used for cookies in a jar type gifts, as vases, to drink out of, as candle holders, to make your own candles in. The possibilities are endless!

Do you reuse your glass jars? What for?


No comments:

Post a Comment