Friday, March 1, 2013

Need Help? Just Ask!

Much as I'd like for him to be, my husband is not a mind reader. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that yours isn't, either.

And for some reason, they don't see the things we think they should see that need done.



In the past, I would have gotten upset that my husband wasn't a mind reader or didn't just SEE that something needed to be done and DO it. I have learned, however, that he is more than willing to help me if I need it. If he's not doing something I think he should be doing or would like for him to do, all I have to do is ask.

In my case, he works outside of the home and I do not so I try to keep this to a minimum but when I'm trying to get the last minute touches on dinner and I'm about ready to lose my mind, it doesn't kill me or him to ask him to open up the can of veggies or plate the main dish. After the kids go to bed and I'm dying to unwind with him, he's more than happy to help me clean up the kitchen so that we can chill together sooner.

While it can be a very humbling experience to ask for help, it's a lesson well learned and everyone is happier than if I choose to not ask for help and instead stew about not getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment