Monday, March 4, 2013

Messy Monday


Good morning and Happy Monday! What's everyone got going on this week? We have a busy and exciting week here in our house!

This weekend, we started moving furniture and got a crib and dresser so this week, we're going to finish moving furniture (desk into our bedroom) and assemble a crib and dresser! Yippee!!! I'm so excited. After this is done, we'll be ready for baby who I'm fully expecting to make his appearance before his due date which is only NINE weeks away. (I'm hoping for April 16, which is just SIX weeks away!)

Tomorrow night is our busiest- Running Club for one kid, parent teacher conferences for both, and then soccer for the other. Bam, Bam, Bam. Going until we get home at almost 7:30. Plus, they both bring homework home on Tuesdays. Fun night. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I'll leave them home with hubby while I go to conferences. He can feed them and do homework with them and get Connor ready for soccer. Me and my bright ideas!

Saturday, I'm doing a freezer meal workshop with my girlfriend and our very favorite Tastefully Simple consultant, Veronica Redder. It's going to be awesome. I paid for all the Tastefully Simple products, which she will bring to the workshop and then I have to buy some groceries then we'll assemble all of the meals together. I will have at least 10 meals for the freezer (some can be split up into smaller for smaller families/ families with young kids) at $2.50 or less per serving. This is going to be wonderful for after I have Emmett!

I have gotten in the habit of letting the house "go" on the weekends. We're busy playing and enjoying being together and I usually just don't mess with it. If you know me, you know that this is very uncharacteristic of me. I like a tidy house and there was a day when I would drive myself crazy trying to keep it picked up after everyone. Now, I just wait until Monday and then whip it back into shape when every one's gone. Same usually goes for the weeknights- leave it until morning and do a quick tidy. Sometimes it bugs me out to look at the mess but I'm getting used to it. And really, the time that we spend together instead of me running around like a mad woman is so much more valuable! Here's our mess from this weekend:



I suppose I'd better get crackin'! Thanks for listening while I ramble about some of the 100 things going on in my head. Later this week, I'll post something more inspiring and encouraging. Maybe even a week's worth of dinner ideas if I get organized enough.  Have a great week, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment