Friday, February 15, 2013

Truth or Lie?

Words are such a powerful tool. They have the power to build someone up as well as tear someone down, as my girlfriend talks about in her blog. While I was reading it, however, it occurred to me that a lot of times when I'm hurt by something someone says, it is because my own view of myself/ the world has skewed how I receive what's being said.

For instance, last night, my husband was telling me about how he's got a lot on his mind and he's got X, Y, and Z to do and what I heard was that the boys and I take up too much of his time.

Whoa! Where did that come from? I'll tell you. A big fat lie from the devil. My husband and I have a super marriage. He's my best friend. I don't ever want to live a day without him. And you know what? That doesn't make the devil happy and he's going to attack that at every chance he gets.

When this happens, it's important for me to realize what's happening and then to ask myself "is that the TRUTH or is it a LIE?" I challenge you, when something that is said offends you to do the same. I think you'll be surprised to find that a lot of times what we think it our head to be true is, in face a lie from the deceiver.

"The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." John 10:10

CHOOSE to believe the life-giver, not the deceiver.

**NOTE: Thank goodness I have learned the practice of asking myself this question. Imagine how it would have gone down had I started spouting responses to what I was hearing instead of what was being said. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment