Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pity Party

I'm trying really hard not to have a pity party for myself. I can't share why, it wouldn't be fair and really, I don't want any one's pity. I just want to wallow a bit. But the problem with this is that by wallowing, I am not focusing my eyes where they should be.  


Philippians 4:8 says "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

And Matthew 12:34 says "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks."


Wow. If that right there isn't enough to convict me... 


So here I am, focusing on what is good, what is true, what is lovely so that in my heart, I am thankful and happy. After all, that is most definitely what I want to come out of my mouth! Thankfulness, happiness, kindness not sadness, pity, and ungratefulness!


What is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable in my life?



My home is filled with love
My husband cares for me and the kids and would do anything for us
My kids light up my life
I am loved by my family and friends
God loves me so much that he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross 

I am forgiven!
I am loved!

What more does a person need?





No comments:

Post a Comment