Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Deep Breathing

Not because I'm in labor... yet. Still 11 weeks to go. (Which is good because we are still so far from being ready!)

I found out yesterday that my ex is getting remarried next month. I figured this was coming and I've mentally prepared myself for it. Nevertheless, I wasn't sure how I was going to react to the news. Not because I'm jealous or have regrets but because there are SO many factors to consider. I think it all went pretty well, though, and hopefully it will continue to go that way.

The one thing I am unsure and uneasy about is how it will affect the kids and our relationship. They're going to have a step mom. They're going to have a new brother and sister living with them, going to the same school as them, and all inadvertently infiltrating my life. At school, I won't be the only mom for our family. I will be sharing with someone who really, I have never actually met.

When I think about it, though, having a step dad hasn't changed the boys' relationship with their dad and when we got home last night, Aidan wanted to cuddle with Dan and he gave me and my belly a giant hug before bed. Then, this morning, he made me the most beautiful heart painting. These things really made my heart happy. I most definitely needed them at that moment!



Overall, I'm extremely happy for everyone. Divorce is not a fun thing, it's not something I would wish on anyone. Yet, we all seem to have come through it fairly well and life is good :)


2 comments:

  1. nothing takes the place of mama's love. Live your life before God and all will be well. You're an awesome woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I am trying to keep my focus on God and living the best life for Him that I can, having faith that the rest will fall into place :)

      Delete