Monday, January 28, 2013

Working Weekend DONE!


Happy Monday! What's the plan for the week? Here, I will be following my usual routine and plugging away at the things that need to get done around the house. Oh, and entering my THIRD TRIMESTER!!! Super excited!

We got a TON of stuff done this weekend. My husband is the BEST and built up these cabinet systems for the boys' closets on Saturday.

 
 
Doesn't look like much but check out the transformation! I only got a picture of one of the closets before but the afters are just amazing! We are both happy to have this project done and to have their toys out of sight!
 
BEFORE Closet #1
AFTER Closet #1
AFTER Closet #2



AFTER Bedroom #1
AFTER Bedroom #2


 
A couple of other areas I tackled while home alone Friday and Saturday: the boys' book shelves in their rooms and their desk area. Here are some pics:
AFTER bookshelf
BEFORE of one of the bookshelves
 

DESK AREA all organized!

 
The bookshelves and desk area were easy, it was just a matter of taking the time and a garbage bag and 15 minutes an area to get them organized. Why oh why do kids hoard the way they do?!
 
Phew! It was a super busy weekend with projects but also very satisfying to make some progress. I couldn't have done it without my husband to build and install and help. He's great. We really enjoy working alongside each other. Makes doing stuff like this all that more fun!

One other thing that I HAVE to share with you that I discovered in my organizing is this:

 
 
I'm not sure why I never thought of this before but we have all these Lego instruction books laying ALL over the place and I had this shoebox laying around and voila! A place to store the Lego instructions!
 
That was a long post! I hope you made it through to the end and maybe got some inspiration/ motivation  to do some organizing of your own! If you need ideas, please leave a comment and I'll see if I can help!


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment