Monday, January 21, 2013

Organizing My Week


Christmas break really threw me for a loop but I've been working on getting back on track the last couple of weeks and this week, I'm going to do it by golly!

As I was thinking about my week and what I have and want to do, I thought I would share with you a little bit about how I organize my time. I know I've shared this individually with some people who have found it very helpful so here's for the rest of you who haven't heard it yet.

I try to start my day with devotions/ Bible time/ some sort of quiet time talking to God and listening. Then, I move on to housework and in the afternoons, I do errands, volunteer at the school, go to the gym. And I almost always manage to squeeze a nap in. Here's the basic gist of what it looks like:



Let me point out three key components of this. First, you'll notice that I don't have one day set aside to "clean house". I find it's more manageable if I focus on one area per day. The up side is it's pretty easy to keep up on. The downside is that my house is rarely all clean all at the same time! The second component to this is I try to keep my classroom volunteering on the same two days of the week, Monday and Thursday. This helps me to not over commit and also to leave time on other days for other things. Thirdly, I don't have laundry on my calendar. As most of you know, laundry is a perpetually never ending chore. I find it's easiest to keep up on if I do 1-2 loads a day, from hamper to drawer. Wash it, fold it, put it away every time. That way, it doesn't pile up all over the place. The one thing I need to work on here is the put it away aspect. I don't have a problem keeping up on washing or folding but for some reason, putting away really stumps me. Same for unloading the dishwasher.

Speaking of dishes, I TRY to load and run the dishwasher and run it every evening then unload it in the morning. This keeps the dishes from piling up and the kitchen looking nice.

The things I need to focus on this week: going to the gym 3-4 times and keeping up on my daily housework. Today went well; here's to the rest of the week staying on track!

What do you do that works for you? What could I help you to improve on?

No comments:

Post a Comment