Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh Dear Friday...



Most definitely not my favorite day of the week. Especially the Fridays when the boys leave for the weekend. When I say goodbye to the boys before school, I know I won't see them again until the following Tuesday after school. And when the bus comes at 3:30 and I hear all the kids yelling and happy to play and none come bursting through our front door... and all weekend long as neighbor kids come and ring the door bell, knock on the door, looking for the boys to play with. I miss them so much when they're not here.

Ah, well... enough of that. I do have plenty to do to keep me busy. Lets take a look at how the week went before I get into that, though.

I stayed pretty much on track as far as my workouts and cleaning go. I did miss my workout on Tuesday because the boys had a snow day and we just played all day. I didn't get my nap that day and barely made it through the evening. Wow. Sometimes I feel so guilty for napping every day but geesh, after that, I realize I really need it.

Yesterday, I had to do my workout earlier in the day because I was volunteering in a classroom at 2:00 and I don't like to go to my gym in the morning (they have daycare until 1:00 so it's really busy then). After long thinking and debating, I finally found a workout that I can do at home! My favorites are a bit too much for me at the time so I remembered back to after I had Connor and thought about what I was doing for a workout then and remembered the Walk at Home workouts by Leslie Sansone. I walked my butt off for 46 minutes and it felt so good! It goes fast, too. She incorporates upper body and different steps to call on different leg muscles, as opposed to just regular walking motion. It was great! That's going to be my go to workout for the days when I can't make it to the gym and also in the summer when the weather is too bad (hot or rainy) to work out outside (the boys don't like the daycare at the gym so we workout together, riding bikes/ walking/ running/ soccer). It's a great workout that's lower impact and easy to do at home!

We have a ton of stuff to do around the house over the next 15 weeks (FIFTEEN!!!) Just a brief summary- carpet the basement, organize appliance parts, clean out the baby's room which is currently an office, move the desk into our bedroom (or downstairs, we're not 100% sure which would be best) and the giant tv from our bedroom to the basement, set up baby's room. We are also putting closet shelving in the boys' rooms which I would like done sooner rather than later but it certainly doesn't have to be done in preparation for the baby! Here are some before pics, just for the fun of it:

Future Baby Room- All Those Boxes are Appliance Parts!
(And That's Just a Portion of Them!)
 

Giant TV in Our Room, I Think This Would Be a Good Spot for the Desk.

Basement- Carpet Purchased but Needs Laid,
Baby Stuff Will Go Upstairs
Workout Equipment Will be Set Up in Corner

As you can see, we have our work cut out for us. I should probably quit typing and get crackalackin'. On today's list: pick up house, clean boys' bedrooms, gym, work on organizing appliance parts. Oh dear Friday... I do not care for you but I will make the best of this day the Lord has given me.

Thank you, Jesus, for my family, our health, the baby on the way, and our beautiful home that my wonderful husband built! Help me to use my gifts and talents to glorify You and to make the best out of EVERY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment