Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Three Meals Fast!

I had this genious idea last week and it worked out so well, I have to share!

It started one night when we wanted to grill steak for dinner. We took some out of the freezer but there was way too much there for just the two of us. Then I had a bright idea- we would grill it all up then use the leftovers to make fajitas later in the week. To go along with the steak the first night, I made rotini noodles with Santa Fe Cooking Creme from Kraft. I used a whole box of noodles and one container of creme.
 
Oh! So much pasta left over! What shall I do with it? The next night, I took the leftover pasta and added a little milk, sour cream, and shredded cheese to saucy it back up. Then I added some cubed cooked chicken and steamed broccoli to go with it.






Finally, back to the fajitas. I sauteed half of each: red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, onion then added some lime juice and the sliced steak. We ate these on tortillas with this delicious fresh homemade avocado salsa which I got from Nikki over at Chef in Training. Yum!



So, to sum it up:
Night 1: Steak with Santa Fe Pasta and Vegetable of Choice
Night 2: Chicken Santa Fe Pasta and Vegetable of Choice
Night 3: Fajitas with Avocado Salsa


No comments:

Post a Comment