Monday, July 16, 2012

Confidence in God

"Confident people don’t concentrate on their weakness; they develop and maximize their strengths." –Joyce Meyer

This came across my Facebook news feed some time ago and I thought wow... if only I could put that into practice. Use my strengths to honor God. Be thankful for them. I am weak but He is strong.

My weakness, however IS confidence. So I wonder, would it be safe to say that if I work on developing and maximizing my strengths, which would require me stepping out of my comfort zone, that the confidence would follow?

I think so!

And now I have to ask myself: in what areas am I strongest?

I am most definitely compassionate. I wish I had the resources to help everyone, whether it be with clothing, food, encouragment, weight loss, or any other area! Another area I am strong in is hospitality.


HOW do I do these things when confidence is my weakness? By remembering to put my confidence in GOD and not in myself. If He's called us all to do something, we need to step out in FAITH and do it, whether we are confident in our abilities or not. Don't focus on what's holding you back. Focus on God, focus on what you are called to do.

"I can do all things in Him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:13)

"For it is we who serve God by His spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh." (Phil 3:3)

Overcome fear. Feel it but overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment