Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Really Happening!

When I pulled into the driveway yesterday afternoon, I was greeted with this sign:

Wow. It hit me like a ton of bricks. This is really happening! In just 3 weeks, I am going to be married and moving out of this place the boys and I have called home for exactly one year and moving into a new place that already feels kind of like home. I am thoroughly ecstatic to not just be starting a new chapter but to be starting a whole new book but until now, it's all seemed sort of surreal.

Granted, the boys never did really like this place- it's small (they can't play hockey in the kitchen!) and there's no neighborhood to run around. But I liked it. It was cozy and very affordable. And, with only two bedrooms and one bathroom, it was far less to clean than our previous house with four bathrooms, four bedrooms, two living rooms, and a HUGE kitchen/ dining area. I like to clean but with everything else going on this past year, it was a nice reprieve to not have to take care of a big house and yard! It was perfect for us, for a transition place. We did a lot of loving, grieving, growing, and sharing in this house. I might actually miss it just a teensy bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment