Monday, May 7, 2012

Rearranging Furniture

I love to rearrange furniture, I always have. I once read that rearranging furniture is a sign on someone who is discontented. This bothers me. Is that true? Am I discontent? I don't think so... however, I did get divorced last year and am now getting ready to embark on a new marriage and so I did wonder for a brief minute, is this like rearranging furniture? I also like to plan and dream and have goals and I wonder, when there's not a wedding to plan or a new household or babies to plan, will I get bored and feel the need to change it up again?

I can confidently say that this is not the case. I know that this marriage, this person I'm marrying, is so much more than rearranging and planning. I once read a quote that said "you don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you cannot live without." Oh, my fiancee is that person. Every day, I miss him until I get to see him in the evening and as soon as he walks out the door when we say good night, I start missing him all over again.



It's not about getting bored or needing a change but it is indeed about dreaming and goals. Something we do very well together. Dreams of business ventures and building a house and expanding our family... and making the goals necessary for these things to happen someday. And even if some of them don't ever come to fruition, we DREAMED and made GOALS together and that, I think, is very important for marriages. It gives LIFE, something to look forward to, something to talk about, and something to bond over.

Dream with your spouse. And don't quit dreaming with your spouse- especially when things get rough. Dig in deeper, you may have to force yourself a bit but dreaming and making goals together will help to keep your marriage alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment