Tuesday, May 1, 2012

30 Day Challenge

Today is the first day of May and I think that May might be a hard month for me so I decided to do the 30 Day Challenge from Chalene Johnson and hopefully it will help me to focus and be productive.

I have a wedding in just 53 days, for which I have made absolutely no plans beyond picking the date. I have personal goals, including weight loss goals. Plus, this is the month that my first husband and I got married in 11 years ago. Eleven years ago this coming Saturday, actually. And while we are divorced and on decent terms, and I'm the one who asked for the divorce and couldn't get over some "issues" enough to work things out, I do imagine it will be a bit emotional for me. Heck, I'm getting emotional just writing about it.

So, enough about that...

I'll start with my personal goals first since that's the easy part and I know what I'm aiming for there. They fall into three categories: household management, career, and weightloss/ fitness.

For household management, I'd like to do my housework after the boys go to bed so that I can spend more time with them in the evenings and on the weekends. This means picking up and doing one load of laundry hamper to drawer each night. On the weekends when they go to their dad's, I'll spend the first night and/or morning that they are gone cleaning and washing bedding.

For career, I'm just going to keep plugging away at my current job until the end of the school year. When the boys are done with school, I will quit my job and work at building my It Works business and also help my fiancee (soon to be husband!) in his wood shop making icon boards. I LOVE being with It Works and am very much looking forward to building a business with my fiancee and hopefully someday our business will be big and we'll have a little store to sell his wood creations in!

Weightloss/ fitness has been a huge struggle for me. I feel like I've come a long way as far as my thinking goes but I still have goals I need to meet here. I used to weigh myself a lot and I do it every couple of days now. I try not to put so much emphasis on how much I weigh and focus on how I feel. What does still make a HUGE difference for me is working out. If I go 2 or 3 days without working out, I start to feel really cruddy about myself. So, my goals here are to not skip workouts, drink more water, and continue to eat healthy. And hopefully, in doing this, I will be able to lose about 20 pounds that I've gained over the last year. This is certainly secondary to how I feel and how I keep up with working out and eating right.

And, finally, the wedding. We cannot seem to decide if we want a ceremony or if we just want to get married by the Justice of the Peace. That would be the first logical decision to be made. Then, we have a private dining room picked at Hearthstone, our very favorite restaurant, but I think I might like to invite more people than that would hold. So, I was thinking about just getting married by the JOP and then having an open house at our house the following weekend. Actually, that's probably the way I'm leaning but then... what about food? It would be so much easier to have it at Suite 24 and have everything done for us!

So much on my mind, decisions to be made, feeling a time crunch, but I'm sure in the end it'll all work out okay so I'm trying not to get all freaked out about it. Just gotta get rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment