Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Goals

One thing I noticed is that I always have a goal that I'd like to meet by my birthday. I had one last year, I had one this year. I didn't blog about them, however.

Last year, I was going through a divorce.

This year, it wasn't near as much of a big deal to me as it has been in the past.

Why is that you might ask? Well, that is one of the things I'm learning about myself and growing with. In the past, I had been super obsessed about my weight. I would strip naked and weigh myself 10 times a day. The number on the scale determined my mood.


Today, I still have a goal weight, one I sometimes reach and sometimes stray from but I weigh myself daily, sometimes even every few days. How I FEEL about myself determines my mood. The number, while still probably more important to me than it should be, is just a PART of the big picture. I am learning to love myself for who I am. I have a wonderful man who loves me just the way I am. And, most importantly, I am learning that only God can fill me up and in Him, I am:

more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me Romans 8:37

part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people 1 Peter 2:9

the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath Deuteronomy 28:13

The wonderful part about this is the same is true for you! If you feel like your life is lacking or there is emptiness inside of you, look to God to fill that space because that is something that only He can do. If you try to fill it with other things/ people, the emptiness will never fully go away.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." - Matthew 5:6



No comments:

Post a Comment