Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bag Lady

I had to laugh at myself as I got ready to walk out the door this morning with my FOUR bags.
Why four bags you might ask? Well, my purse- can't leave home without it. Then, my tote with my "stuff" in it; organizational binder, books to read, and today my recipe binder so I can work on organizing that. Then, my gym bag with workout clothes and water bottle. And, finally, my other bag with clean clothes for after the gym. (The last thing I want to do at 6:00 at night is put my work clothes back on!) My boss teases me about the homeless person living in my car and well, I guess I can see why he would think that.

Unfortunately, I now realize that homeless person is myself.

Don't laugh, it's not funny. As I chuckle to myself. I suppose I can't help but see the humor in it. Not because of the circumstances but because it really is kind of funny that I tote all this stuff around with me. And the circumstances: almost a year ago, I moved out of the place I had called home to for almost seven years and left my husband of ten years. In the year that followed, there have been many ups and downs and I've definitely been very much in limbo, trying to figure out the direction of my life and the steps I need to take to get there. I think I finally have a pretty good picture and am starting to take steps in that direction. It will require more big changes and another move so I remain temporarily in limbo but at least now, it's with purpose and not just trying to find my way.

Today's encouraging verse for me: "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13) And the lesson in that is this: I can do everything through HIM, not on my own accord but through HIM who gives me strength. Such a hard thing to remember but it's so much easier when I do rely on Him and not myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment