Monday, February 22, 2010

5 Weeks Until My 32nd Birthday!

Five weeks until I turn 32... As of right now, I am feeling and looking better than ever before, I think. But I want to KNOW that when I turn 32, I am healthier, more spiritual, wiser, and overall happier than I ever have been.

In order to accomplish this, I have a few benchmarks/goals. The first of these is to make better use of my time. The main reason I want to do this is to allow me more quality time with my children and husband. I'd like to play with the kids more, be showered before they get up so that our mornings are less "busy", and do my housework late at night or early in the morning. The first step in doing this involves spending less time on the computer. I allow the computer to take priority over so many much more important things in my life! The other thing that I need to do in order to make the most of my time is to not procrastinate. I think that a lot of my procrastination comes, though, from spending too much time on the computer. And all procrastination does is cause things to pile up, then it just gets overwhelming.

So obviously I need to set some boundaries with my computer. Let's see... I think 1/2 hour morning, noon, and night is reasonable. Time to check in, see what's going on, and respond to emails/posts/etc. This blog entry will finish up my 1/2 hour for the morning so then I'm OFF until this afternoon! Gotta get in the shower, afterall!

And for being healthy, I do have a weight goal which involves another 8-9 pounds or so but really, it shouldn't be all about the number. I'm feeling pretty good, working out 4-5 times a week, and that's what is REALLY important. I'm doing an incredible workout program right now called Chalean Extreme and it's certainly been extreme but I'd like to step it up a notch. I'm 2 weeks from the end of my 90 days and I still can't do more than a handfull of pushups before I'm on my knees. That's no good! I am still working on a time that works best for me to work out and crazy as I am as routines, I'd like to do it the same time every day but I just don't think that's feasible. So, that's something I need to work on.

In addition to exercise, I'm going to continue eating healthy & wholesome. We've been eating very little sugar and carbs but I have gotten a little lax in this area. Need to tighten the reins on that one again.

Overall, I want to be happier and healthier than I have been in all my 31 previous years. I'm not getting any younger- this is no time to start slacking off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment